I rounded up 10 tankinis you can make with the Mykonos Tankini Collection of sewing patterns! Time to print out your patterns and get to sewing!
Wondering why you should make your own swimsuit? Well, ever notice how swimsuits never fit you right? That’s because they’re one-size fits most. AS in…that medium size is supposed to fit EVERY medium sized lady out there, no matter how she’s shaped. Well that’s messed up. Yep, I totally agree. But when you sew your own swim suit you can tailor it to fit your unique shape. And that results in an amazing fit EVERY TIME.
Click the image if you want to add it to your Pinterest board. Links are included to the original swimsuits. 🙂
Here are 10 suits you can totally make with the Mykonos Patterns!
- Dark Florals and Stripes. I am obsessed with this combo right now. Gorgeous! Use the Peplum Top and Classic Bottoms.
- Polka Dots and Black Bottoms. This combo is TIMELESS. Use the Triangle Top and Classic Bottoms.
- White Stripes and Yellow Bottoms. So flirty and feminine. Use the peplum top and boy shorts.
- All BLACK. Speaking of timeless. This color and style is always flattering. Even perfect for Postpartum tummies. Use the peplum and classic bottoms, or boy shorts.
- Florals and a Solid Bottom. Can we just have a swimsuit dresscode instead of casual Friday? This is adorbs! Peplum top and classic bottoms.
- Cranberry Peplum. Tres chic and you skip the Anthropologie price. Use the Peplum Top pattern and classic bottoms to achieve this look.
- TigerLily. Unleash your wild side. Rowr. 😉
- Black Top & Gold Skirted Bottoms. This would work with the classic top and just shorten the skirt on the bottoms.
- More Dark Florals and Stripes. Are you seeing a trend yet? Hint hint.
- Dark Florals! Yep, dark florals (florals with a black background are HOT HOT HOT this year).
When I heard they were going to make Dark Florals a Thing this year I shook my head. Can’t be done. I thought.
I’m pleasantly surprised. And absolutely in LOVE with them.
It’s feminine and edgy. Total girl power.
IF you want more inspiration, hop on over to Pinterest and check out my swimsuit board. Anytime I see a design you could hack, I’ll post it to the board. 🙂
Happy Sewing my Lovelies!